Sunday, March 25, 2007
Diaper, uh, free?
So we've been at this Diaper Free thing for about 4-5 days seriously. Hippo has peed in his BBLP and in the bathtub several times each. He only poos every few days, so I missed his one-and-only while we were out for a walk on Friday. He has also peed multiple time on me. I don't really mind, but the laundry is piling up. Poor Daddy M (laundry is his domain).

I read the book Diaper Free by Ingrid Bauer. It was less helpful than I had anticipated. I had already done some reading on the web and found that she was saying the same thing (though I recognize that the majority of the Diaper Free web pages out there are based on her book).

I guess now we just keep at it and try to figure out the Hippo's timing. He doesn't appear to have consistent signals. The times we've been successful I've just had a gut feeling he had to go (that and with boys, their "anatomy" signals when they have to pee...can't imagine how you'd know with a girl). I have a feeling it will take months for me to be able to reliably say that I know for sure when he has to pee. In the mean time, we'll try to stay as dry as possible. I did end up putting a diaper on him twice yesterday because I found that I couldn't relax to nurse him as I was afraid he'd pee on me. Who cares abotu a little baby pee, right? Well, I'd already been peed on 3 times at that point so I was getting a little gun shy, so to speak. I figured that breast feeding in peace was more important than Pee Watching (Daddy M's term for Diaper Free) at this point. I think I was also starting to stress the kid out.

He just woke up and peed in his cloth diaper before I was coherent enough to offer him the potty. We'll try again when he wakes for his 6 am feeding. At least at night I can be reasonably sure of his schedule - he rarely pees while asleep.

Labels:

posted by Mama K @ 4:14 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Mama K
Home:
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox
Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER